The Enneagram teaches us that there are nine distinct ways of feeling, thinking, acting and doing. Each type, or style, emerges as a result of a core motivation.
Motivated to be good, right and perfect. Focuses on fixing what is wrong.
Motivated to be liked and needed. Focuses on others needs.
Motivated to achieve success. Focuses on work, capabilities and proving value.
Motivated to find connection, meaning and authenticity. Focuses on self-expression.
Motivated to be competent and knowledgeable. Focuses on conserving energy.
Motivated to be secure. Focuses on worst-case scenarios.
Motivated to be satisfied and content. Focuses on pleasant options.
Motivated to be strong and in control. Focuses on maintaining control.
Motivated to have peace of mind and harmony. Focuses on keeping everyone happy.
The word Enneagram stems from the Greek words “ennea” meaning nine and “gram” meaning graph. Together, the word means “nine-sided” and is linked to nine interrelated personality types. We all have a bit of all nine types in our personalities, but each of us has a dominant type that impacts how we think, feel and behave.
The Enneagram uses awareness and understanding of these nine personality styles (particularly our dominant one) to help us identify behavior patterns that may or may not be serving us well. The system also helps us identify strategies to change behavior with effective and lasting results.
The Enneagram is helping a growing number of business leaders and organizations create new, sustainable ways to:
- Increase productivity
- Improve communication at all levels
- Retain valued employees
- Solve problems
- Engage customers and improve sales
- Minimize and resolve conflict
- Build cohesive, well-functioning teams
- Enhance workplace morale
The Enneagram personality system offers superb insight for individuals seeking to:
- Develop greater emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Communicate more effectively at home and work
- Strengthen relationships
- Better define and achieve important goals
- Decrease stress and improve work-life balance
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Realize greater authenticity
- Manifest greater all around life satisfaction